Education system in Ukraine
| International students get their higher education in universities, academies and institutes that are not only accredited, but also have a special license to teach foreign students. The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine controls the quality of educational services done to foreign students. |
| Every student is guaranteed not only in getting of education on high level, but also in getting of diploma, which corresponds to all the standards of Bolonga System for today.|
| Ukraine has a very well-developed higher education system. Higher education is provided by higher education establishments, private bodies and scientific and methodological facilities of the government. This system also encompasses post-graduate programs and Ph.D's as well as self-education.
The levels of accreditation depend on the Higher Education Institutes' status:
- Level one includes vocational schools and the like who train junior specialists.
- Level two are colleges and similar organizations who teach bachelors.
- Level three is made up of universities, institutes, academies and conservatories which provide education for bachelors and specialists.
- Level four includes universities, conservatories, institutes and academies which educate bachelors, specialists and masters.
University level studies:
Ukraine keeps a two-degree system at doctoral level:
- University level first stage: Bakalavr, Specialist
The academic and professional diploma of Bakalavr (BA, BEd., BMed.) is generally awarded after four years of successful study (six years for Medicine). The Bakalavr programme comprises basic higher education and professional training in a given professional field. It is an intermediate degree. The degree (Diplom) of Specialist is awarded after five or six years of study, depending on the type of institution.
- University level second stage: Magister
The Magister (Master's Degree) is awarded on the basis of a Bachelor's Degree or Specialist's qualification generally one to two years after the first degree. Students must pass final examinations and defend a thesis.
Kandydat nauk (Candidate of Sciences, comparable to the Ph.D.), and Doctor nauk.
- University level third stage: Doctoral Degree-1
The first qualification is obtained after three or four years of study by submitting and publicly defending a thesis and passing the required examinations. The candidate's thesis can be prepared while following various forms of post-graduate studies.
- University level fourth stage: Doctoral Degree-2
The Doctor nauk is the highest scientific degree in Ukraine, comparable to Habilitation in some Western countries. It is awarded to candidates already holding a Kandidat nauk, on the successful presentation and defence of the Doctor nauk (habilitation) dissertation.